Friday 23 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter IX - The past [part1]
Written by Tadi

I woke up suddenly from a dream, except it was just that, a dream. A good dream actually, the first one in a long time. I sat up and looked around to find the room empty, Nathan was nowhere to be seen. I got up and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked myself over in the mirror. The scar under my eye was still visible but it was getting better. I dried my face with a towel and walked outside in to the morning breeze. The smell of a fresh morning, all the beautiful flowers and trees and the light warm wind were amazing. I saw Edith sitting on a bench in the park, waving at me. I walked along the path with fairies flying around me, it was all so surreal. I glanced to my right, to the house I saw the fairy go in last night.
    “I need to talk to you about something” said Edith as I sat down next to her. I looked at her and I could feel what she felt. It all came over me so fast, like a wave drowning me. She was tired and worried about something. I took a deep breath and looked away from her and as soon as I did I couldn’t feel her anymore. I have to figure out how to control that or I’m in trouble. I focused on her, more precisely on her thoughts. I could feel her but I couldn’t hear her. It was harder when you tried forcing it. I closed my eyes and listened to her breathing, it was calming and soon I found myself drifting. I focused and pushed until a kind of small light appeared in my mind. I pushed it out and away from me. It flew through the air towards Edith and crashed against her head. I listened to any sign of her noticing it but she just kept breathing slowly. I focused on the ball again. I pushed it at her once again, through her head in to her mind. A loud voice rang in my ears and I covered them, causing me to lose focus. It was frustrating and tiring to gather all of your strength to push yourself to do something that is otherwise not humanly possible. I tried again but this time I was prepared, I entered her mind slowly, letting the sound surround me and I finally heard her.
    “You want to talk about my parents?” I said and looked at her.
    “Yes” she said “remember what Rowena said?”
    “About you showing me something?”
    “I should have showed you this days ago but I felt like you weren’t ready” she said and looked away from me.
    “It’s okay Edith, just show me now.” She looked at me and nodded. I was scared but also very excited. What will she show me? It gave me hope that I’ll finally see my parents, for the first time in my life. She offered me her hand and waited. I slowly reached for it and as soon as I touched it a bright light exploded from our hands and I was forced to close my eyes. I felt my body being pulled and pushed, I started to feel dizzy and my head hurt but then it all suddenly stopped and I slowly opened my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment