Monday 26 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter IX - The past [part4]
Written by Tadi


    “She was a witch” I said.
    “Who?”
    “My mother, she was a witch” I said and stood up. I started walking and Edith ran after me.
    “Where are you going” she said.
    “I need to talk to Nathan.”
    “You won’t find him.” I stopped abruptly and turned around to look at her.
    “What do you mean?”
    “He and Jack went to investigate.”
    “Investigate what?”
    “They wanted to know more about the witch and the demon that you saw in the forest. So they went to ask around a little.” He left without me. He just left without telling me anything. He can do things on his own but I am the one who saw them and this means just as much to me as it does to him, more maybe.
    “Don’t worry, they’ll be fine” she said and put her hand on my shoulder “besides, I have more to show you.” It’s official, having a witch friend is awesome. Actually, just having a friend is amazing.
I was standing in a black and white picture once again. But I wasn’t on a street in a town, I was in the middle of nowhere, near a lake and a small house. There was a woman sitting on the stairs in front of the house. The sun was shining bright and I had to shade my eyes to see who it was. It was my mother. I walked closer to her and tears gathered in my eyes. She seemed so normal, so happy. I sat on the grass and watched her, she looked as if she was lost in a memory. After a while she stood up and walked down the path to the lake. I followed her and we both gazed at the beautiful lifeless lake. She walked around looking at the ground, searching for something. She picked up a small rock with a flattened surface and threw it across the lake and I watched it as it bounced on the surface four times before sinking. I tried picking up a rock to try and throw it but then I remembered that I can’t touch anything, I just go through it, like a ghost. We both turned around as someone called her name. A man was standing on the porch of the house, waving at her. As she ran in to his arms I realised it was my father. I walked behind them back to the house and just stood there, watching them. The smiles on their faces soon started fading away and I closed my eyes, welcoming the pull. But when I opened my eyes I didn’t see Edith, I saw my mother in a hospital, giving birth to me. My father was standing next to her, holding her hand and whispering to her. But at the back of the room there was someone else, standing in the dark corner was the man my mother made a deal with, except he wasn’t just an ordinary man, he was a vampire. He walked closer to her, no one seemed to notice him. He put his pale hand on her forehead and the next second everyone started rushing and yelling, she was losing consciousness and a few moments later, she was gone. I looked at my father as he stood there, watching her still body. It seemed like everything was taken from him, like his reason to live was gone. The nurse tried handing him the baby but he just walked out without looking back. I looked around for the vampire but he was gone so I ran after my father. I walked outside and found him crying on the floor. I sat down next to him and I wanted so bad to comfort him, to tell him it’s going to be okay, but I couldn’t. He finally stood up and started running, I could barely keep up with him. He stopped when he saw a poor old woman being robbed. He ran to her to help and without thinking he pushed them away. They were much bigger than him but he was able to push them like they weigh nothing at all. He tried running away but it was no use, they were faster than any normal human, they were vampires. They were wearing long coats and hoods to shield them from the sun. One had long hair and the other one had short hair but they both had bright red eyes. My father slowed down and looked back for a second, which was a huge mistake, allowing the vampires to get in front of him. The taller one grabbed him and threw him across the street in to a tree. I could see in my father’s eyes that he had the power to fight back, that he could defeat them but he just let go, he let them destroy him. Just as one of the vampires swung his hand towards my father’s head and a bright light appeared from nowhere, revealing a woman I was pulled back, away from them and they all faded before me just like ashes in the wind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment