Thursday 1 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter V - Deceive me not [part2]
Written by Tadi

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and looked myself over in the mirror. I had horrible dark circles under my eyes. I put my hair in to a high ponytail and left the room.
    “Woah girl, what happened to you?” asked Jack when I walked in to the living room. He was sitting on the couch next to Edith.
    “You know what happened, Jack” I said and rolled my eyes “now move.” He moved over on the couch and accidentally bumped in to Edith. I could see her blush and look away as I threw myself on the couch. We watched TV for a while but I kept glancing at the clock on the wall and with every minute passing I got more nervous.
    “Relax Ali, he’ll be back soon” said Jack.
    “And what if he doesn’t? What if something happened? Oh god.” I stood up and started panicking.
    “God definitely won’t help him” said Jack and we all laughed. He stood up, held my hand and guided me through the door and downstairs in to the practise room.
    “Releasing some anger in here always helps me” he said and smiled. I walked over to the table with the weapons and looked it over. It had knifes and swords in any shape you wanted and different types of guns even but what caught my attention was the bow with arrows at the very end of the table. I picked it up and stretched it out. It felt good in my hands, like it belonged there.
    “Archery, eh?” said Jack and took it from my hands “here, I’ll show you.” He walked to the shooting lanes and shot tree arrows to show me how to hold it properly. He then handed it to me. I placed the arrow on the bow and held it with my hand. I pulled back the string and raised the bow. I aimed at the centre of the target and released the arrow. It flew with a nice arch and landed right in the centre, exactly where I wanted it.
    “Wow, you’re a natural” he said and patted me on the back “keep practising.” I placed another arrow on the bow and aimed at the centre. It flew directly at centre and sliced through the first arrow. We both looked at the target in amazement. I never thought I would be able to do that. I looked at him and he just looked at me with his mouth open. I laughed and shot another arrow without looking at the target. It didn’t hit the centre but it did hit the target which was pretty awesome.
    “Oh come on, now you’re just showing off” he said with a smile and I bowed dramatically. He walked back to the table and took two fighting sticks off the wall.
    “Okay let’s see what you remember from yesterday” he said and threw me the stick and I caught it with my free hand. Putting the bow and arrow back on the table I walked to the mat and stood across from him. He bent down slightly in to a running position and I held the stick with both of my hands ready for anything he might throw at me. He ran towards me twirling as he came near and crunching down to hit my legs with the stick but I blocked his attack just in time. He quickly recovered and started again. I blocked all of his attacks with ease. He took me by surprise and hit me with the stick in my stomach. I fell to my knees and took deep shaky breaths.
    “Oh wow, I’m so sorry! I’ll get you something” he said and just as he turned around I threw myself forward sending my stick right in front of his feet causing him to fall. I stood up and leaned over him just as he rolled on to his back. I pointed the stick to his neck and laughed.
    “Never turn your back on your enemy” I said with a smirk.
    “You let a girl defeat you, Jack?” came a voice from the stairs and we both looked up. There he was standing at the bottom of the stairs, looking as beautiful as always. I dropped the stick and ran to him. I threw my hands around his neck and hugged him. He laughed and held me closer. When I released what I was doing I quickly let go and stepped back. I could feel heat in my cheeks as he watched me with a triumphant look on his face.
     “I need to tell everyone something” he said and held my hand as we walked up the stairs. We came to the living room and everyone was already seated. I sat down next to Edith and smiled at her but she didn’t return it. Nathan stood in front of us with his hands crossed on his chest.
    “I was on my way to talk to Asmoday when I overheard some demons talking” he paused and looked at me “the orphanage has been destroyed and Eurynome has escaped.” I held my breath as I realised what that meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment