Thursday 1 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter V - Deceive me not [part3]
Written by Tadi

“We’re going to have to come up with a plan and fast” he looked at me once again “there’s no way for us to hide you, no matter what we do he will always find you.” I looked at him shocked. So that’s it? There’s nothing to do, I’m doomed? Well so much for my happy ending. He walked over to me and pulled me up to him.
    “I won’t let anything hurt you. I promise you that” he said and kissed my cheek. But can you really trust a demon. Can you trust someone who hurts people? I was confused and scared for my life. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye. My life has finally started to get better and now I’m supposed to just die? I can’t accept that. Everyone went to work on a plan and I was left alone in the living room. I tried to relax and just enjoy the last few hours I had before the gruesome creature finds me but I couldn’t. I couldn’t just sit there and not fight for my life, for my happiness. I stood up and walked to Nathan’s bedroom. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later it opened. Nathan stood before me in only his shorts. I didn’t stop staring at his perfect body until he cleared his throat.
    “What is it, sweetheart?”
    “I want to help” I said. He stepped back and opened the door further so I could walk in. His bedroom was nothing special, just like any other ordinary room I guess.
    “I don’t come here much, so no point in decorating” he said through a laugh.
    “You have got to stop doing that”
     “What” he said innocently. I peered at him and he chuckled.
    “So what happens now?” I said. He showed me a huge map of the area. There were three churches circled on it, the closest one was twenty minutes away. He gave me a book and opened it on a page with the title Eurynome and told me to read it. I sat on his bed and started reading. It went in to detail about who Eurynome really is and exactly how to kill him.

‘Eurynome was the son of God. He was sent to Earth to protect people, to help them make good decisions. He was seen as a tall man in a black suit and a black tall hat. He was always friendly, always there for people when they needed him. But all that soon changed. His loving nature was corrupted by his hunger. Something inside of him went wrong and he started marking people. He would grab them by the wrist and smell them. People thought it was just a weird gesture but they soon realised it was more than that as people started dying. He would kill them and then eat their bodies. He became feared by everyone, no one dared stepping in his way and no one dared looking him in the eyes. People stayed inside, children stopped playing in the parks and town by town people slowly died in fear of the Prince of death.’

I looked at the gruesome pictures of dead bodies, of how he used to look and how he looks now. I wondered what happened to him, what made him change. I turned the page and started reading again.

‘People used to say there was no way of killing the Prince of death. They would try everything from guns to holly water. Nothing wounded him and nothing killed him. Many lives have been thrown away from trying to kill the beast. People gave up and welcome death but some kept fighting until their very last breath. After years and years of research they finally found the way to destroy it for good. Fire. But not just fire, he had to burn before the eyes of God.’

I closed the book and looked up at Nathan.
    “You’re going to burn a church down to kill it?”
    “It’s the only way, Alice” he answered without looking at me. I placed the book back on his table and walked out. It might kill him but isn’t burning down a church a bad thing? Isn’t there any other way to kill it? I walked to the living room where I found Edith sitting on the couch.
    “Is burning down a church really the only way to kill it?” I asked as I sat down next to her.
    “Yes” she answered “but don’t feel bad about it. The demons didn’t mind burning down a church to try and kill me. Don’t worry it’s not going to mark you for life or anything. God won’t hate you. We’re doing a good thing here, we’re helping people and we’re preventing history from repeating itself once again.” She patted by back and smiled. We watched TV while they all got ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment