Thursday 1 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter VI - Finding home [part1]
Written by Tadi

I stepped of the train as we arrived at central London. I smiled as I breathed in the familiar smell. I was back and ready for a new life. It’s going to be hard to find myself and to just find somewhere to live. Nathan held my hand as we said goodbye to Edith and Jack.
    “I have a surprise for you” he whispered in my ear “close your eyes.” He guided me for what seemed like forever but when we finally arrived he told me to open my eyes. I slowly did as he asked and before me appeared a tall, Victorian looking building. I looked sideways at him and raised my brows. He smiled and offered me his hand.
We walked inside, there was no elevator to use so we walked up the stairs. As we walked up I noticed there were no other doors to any other rooms and when we finally made it to the top there was just one door with the number one on it. He took out a key from his pocket and unlocked the doors. I stepped in to a big old fashioned apartment. It was so beautiful and I couldn’t help but stare. He led me the kitchen and sat me down at the table.
    “I thought you could live with me for a while” he said waiting for my reaction “just until you find anything better”. I doubt I could find anything that would be better than this but it felt a little awkward having to live with him. It would be nice to have a place to just hide from all of this. I saw the pain in his eyes and I pushed the thought away for later and changed the subject.
    “So tell me more about yourself” I said with a smile.
    “There’s not really much to tell” he said while rummaging through the fridge “I’m a demon as you already know. I was sent to the orphanage to make sure that filthy old beast stays locked up.”
    “Who sent you?” He pulled out a watermelon and put it on the table he cut two pieces with a knife and handed me one.
    “We all have different leaders, depends on the position” I looked at him and slightly tilted my head in question “look at it as kind of like a pyramid with Lucifer at the very top. Under him is his army ran by Mastema and then under them are a bunch of other demons with high positions. I’m more or less at the bottom, just a demon sent around to do things and eliminated if necessary. I have to report to Deumos, she commands me.”
    “But if Eurynome is a demon then why would other demons want him locked up?” He ran his hand through his hair as I waited patiently for an answer.
    “Eurynome is not just any ordinary demon, he was sent by God and even though he was corrupted we believe there’s still a link between him and heaven. And you see how that would come in handy for demons.”
     “So you wanted to use him to hunt down angels and kill them?” He sighed and walked over to me.
    “I’m not proud of who I am and what I’ve done but it’s what I’m told to do and if I don’t do it they will torture and kill me” he said and touched my cheek with his hand “don’t be afraid.” It was hard to think that he had hurt people and that he would hurt angels just because he was told to do so. I understand he had to but would he hurt me if he was told to do so. He pulled me up to him and hugged me tight.
    “I would never hurt you. I’ve changed since I saw you for the first time. Something inside me ignited and all I’ve wanted to do since is protect you” he said and kissed my cheek. I know I should be afraid but when he held me I just felt safe and strong and I could feel what he felt for me. It was weird and I don’t know if it’s true or if I’m just imagining it but I felt his emotions, I felt his urges and combined with mine they were overwhelming. I looked him at him and leaned up closer to him. I put my hands around his neck and pulled him down closer. I could feel his warm breath on me and it sent shivers through my spine. He moved his hands on my back and pulled me closer to him. We were staring in to each other’s eyes and he leaned down so our noses touched. I closed my eyes and waited but he did nothing. I opened my eyes and saw that he had leaned away from me and looked at me unsure. I pulled him back down by his shirt and this time he didn’t stop. He pressed his lips against mine and a warm feeling literally exploded inside of me. I moaned and opened my mouth which made him hold me tighter and kiss me harder. He lifted me up and carried me up the stairs to his bedroom. I didn’t have time to look around when he threw me on the bed and leaned over me. I lifted his shirt and he helped taking it off. The constant pain in my stomach I felt when he wasn’t close was gone and a warm buzzing feeling replaced it. He ripped of my t-shirt and I chuckled at how impatient he was. I pulled him down and kissed him. I moved my hands down to his jeans to find his zipped but just when I was about to unzip it he stopped me and pushed himself away. He sat on the edge of the bed and looked away from me.
    “What is it? Did I do something wrong?” I asked and my voice shook. Was I that bad? I’ve never kissed a boy in my life, I didn’t exactly know what I was doing but I never thought I’d be so bad he’d have to stop kissing me.
    “It’s not you” he laughed “I don’t want to hurt you.” He turned around and looked at me. “I’m stronger than you think. I could crush you in a second if I let myself go and I can’t do that.” I looked at him and frowned. So we can never kiss because he was too strong and too weak to control himself at the same time?
     “Oh we can kiss” he said with a wicked look in his eyes and pulled me to him. He kissed me differently this time, slower and harder. He stopped and kissed my cheek before leaning away. His jaw tensed as he stood up and walked through the door slamming it behind him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment