Tuesday 6 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter VII - The magical world [part1]
Written by Tadi 

I heard a quiet knock on the window, like someone threw a pebble at it. I opened my eyes slowly but I saw nothing in the darkness. After staring at the window for a while and hearing or seeing nothing, I closed my eyes again. Another knock and this time I opened my eyes immediately. I still saw nothing but I heard another knock so I turned on the light on the bedside table. I turned around to look at Nathan but he wasn’t there. I heard another knock, this time louder, and I walked to the window slowly. I peeked out and on the sidewalk was standing a man. I blinked a couple of times and looked again. I could see his face in the moonlight and I realised it was Nathan. His beautiful bright eyes looking up at me and his broad smile that made me swoon. He waved his hand to me to come down I turned around and walked towards the door. As I reached for the handle a thought crossed my mind. What if it wasn’t Nathan? What if it’s just a trick? I turned around and walked back to the window. He was still standing in the same spot and smiling up at me. He waved to me again and pointed to the door slightly twisting his hand as if unlocking it. He must have forgotten his key and is locked out. I looked around the room and found his key in one the drawers on his side of the bed. I walked back to the window and showed him the key, he nodded slightly in response. I walked downstairs and through the door. Walking down the stairs I wondered why he went out in the first place and where is Jack. I walked down to the front door and he was just standing there smiling at me. It sent chills through my back and I felt uncomfortable which was weird because I always felt great around Nathan. I used the key to unlock the door and open them for him. He walked past me to the stairs and I closed the doors and locked them.
    “I’m getting better at this” he said in a voice that didn’t belong to him. I turned around and before me wasn’t Nathan but a man with longer hair and black eyes. I held my breath and took a step back.
    “Now, now my dear Alice. Don’t try anything stupid” he said and tilted his head. I turned around and tried to unlock the door but his hand was on my neck in a moment and he pulled me back to him.
    “What do you want from me?” I said and tried to push him away.
    “I want your power” he said in my ear and laughed. It sent chills down my spine and I screamed for Nathan. 


I sat up gasping for breath. I looked around in panic for any sign of anyone. I stood up and ran to the window. The sun was shining bright, the birds were singing and there was no one standing in the street. I sat on the floor and took deep breaths. It was just a dream, just a bad dream. But I know that’s a lie, it was Asmoday and it was dream walking. As soon as that though came through my mind Nathan burst through the door and was next to me on the floor in a second. It’s amazing how fast he can move, he can get from one place to another in a second and no one will ever know. 
  “Are you okay? What happened?” he asked and I told him everything. I told him how he was different this time, how he looked exactly like him, even the bright eyes and the smell. Now that I’ve thought about it, the only thing he couldn’t get was the way I felt when Nathan was around. I should have thought about that before.
    “Don’t worry” he said and wiped away a tear on my cheek “he can’t hurt you while dream walking. He can scare you and touch you but he can’t hurt you.” He held me closer and I let a few tears fall down my cheek before reminding myself that I’m supposed to be strong, that I’m supposed to be able to take care of myself. I leaned away from him and stood up. I walked down the stairs and he was right behind me. I walked in to the kitchen where Jack was already sitting at the table stuffing eggs in his mouth. I sat down next to him and Nathan handed me a plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment