Tuesday 20 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter VII - The magical world [part6]
Written by Tadi

    “I’m proud of you” he said and I straightened back to look him in the eyes.
    “Why is that?”
    “You were amazing today. I continue to underestimate you, even though you prove me wrong every single time. I have this feeling inside of me and it makes me feel like I have to protect you.”
    “You don’t” I said and he looked down “but I’m grateful.” He looked at me and raised his eyebrow.
    “I’ve always had to look after myself, no one cared if I got hurt and to have someone now who does, feels amazing. But maybe you could just be a little less worried” I said and we laughed. He put his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug. There was a pleasant buzz in my stomach and the tingles on the back my neck were comforting.


    “So what’s it like being a fairy” I asked Mist as we walked along the path through the park.
    “Fun” she said with a smile.
    “What do you do all day?”
    “Well it depends on what kind of a fairy you are.”
    “What do you mean?” I said as we sat on the ground.
    “The spring fairies” she pointed to the north side of the village “work all year to prepare for the spring equinox. They use their magic to make spring possible and so do the rest of the fairies, summer, autumn and winter fairies” she pointed to east, south and west as she named the kind of fairies. “I’m a spring fairy.”
    “That’s amazing” I said and she smiled. We heard a horn in the distance and she stood up.
    “I have to go” she said and flied away. I got up and walked down the path towards the rose garden. At the entrance there was a beautiful arch with roses growing around it and fairies carved in to it. The path was made of beautiful sparkling pebbles and everywhere you looked were different colours of roses. I stopped at a clearing where a fairy was sitting on a bench with her eyes closed and her body full of butterflies. They were sitting on her head, arms, legs, even her face.
    “Wow” I said and stepped closer. All of the butterflies flied away at once and she opened her eyes in shock. She peered at me and I just smiled awkwardly. I took a few steps away and hurried back the way I came. I glanced over my shoulder to make sure she wasn’t following me. Before I had the time to look in front of me I hit in to something hard. Warm hands grabbed my waist before I fell and I looked up to find Nathan smiling down at me.
    “You should really look where you’re going.”
    “Shut up” I said and walked past him down the path. He walked behind me and I sighed before stopping.
    “You know, you can walk beside me” I looked at him “I’m not going to bite.”
    “That’s debatable” he said and walked past me. I stood there for a moment before running after him and punching him in the shoulder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment