Friday 16 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter VII - The magical world [part4]
Written by Tadi

     “Follow me. Oh and my name’s Mist” said the fairy with black hair and we all followed her. She guided us to the other side of the park and all the fairies stopped to stare at us. We stopped at a big tree that seemed to sparkle in the sun light, its beautiful rainbow colours made me smile.
     “It radiates happiness” said Mist and flew up to the branches. She whispered to the tree and a few seconds later a stick fell of it, shaped perfectly in to a spear.
     “You have to politely ask for it. If you try and take it, the tree will fight back.” Nathan picked up the spear and put in safely away in his jacket. We walked back to the Queens’s house or castle, whatever. There were several paths leading from the park. The first one, which we were walking along, led to the tree, the second one led to a garden full of roses, the third one led to a forest and the last one led to a big metal door with vines all over it. I stared at it as we walked by, the beauty of it was mesmerising. In front stood two guards, so I’m guessing there’s something important in there.
We knocked on the Queens door and a fairy, short with brown curly hair and grey wings let us in.
    “You’re still here?” said Grace without looking at us.
    “We have more questions” said Nathan.
    “It’s about your connection, isn’t it?” She turned around and looked at us, Nathan nodded. She sighed and waved her hand to the chairs, telling us to sit down.
    “Every power comes from a source and with every creature the source is different. Every once in a while that source will give its power to two creatures and thus binding them together, making them one, unable to live without each other. We’re not sure why it does what it does but you can’t fight it. If you use it correctly you’ll be stronger than anyone, even Asmoday.”
    “But I don’t have any powers” I said.
    “You do” she paused “you just haven’t found them yet.”
    “How do I do that?”
    “To find your power, you must first find yourself.” I just kept looking at her, honestly I had no idea what she meant by that and it annoyed me. If I don’t get my power, we won’t be able to destroy Asmoday. Nathan squeezed my hand and I peered at him.
    “I should warn you, your power is strong and if you don’t learn how to control it, it might hurt the ones you love the most.”
    “Is there anything else you can tell us?” Said Nathan.
    “You’ve been able to feel each other’s feelings, right?” I nodded and so did Nathan. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, he just smiled.
    “Well that’s because of the connection. The closer you get, the more you love each other, the more the power grows.” I held my breath as I heard her say the l word. I’ve never thought of it that way. I knew I had feelings for him, but I don’t think I love him. I turned to look at him and he was already staring at me with a big smile on his face.
    “Don’t try denying it” she paused “I can feel it.” I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted with a loud bang. The fairy that let us in came bursting through the door with fear in her eyes. 
    “They’re here” she yelled and flew back outside. Grace stood up and ran to the wall on the other side of the room. She put her hand on the wall and murmured something. It slid open revealing shelves full of weapons. She took a long spear of the wall and held it in her hand. She held it as if it was something she’d held for many years and it looked as if it belonged there. She walked out the door and Nathan dragged me with him behind her. As we came outside I gasped in shock. What was a sunny day not more than five minutes ago now turned in to a dark stormy day. The village was full of dark creatures with bright orange eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment