Friday 23 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter VIII - Powers [part1]
Written by Tadi

    “Where are we going?” I yelled over the loud music. Edith and I were driving in a jeep on a road away from the fairy village. We left Nathan and Jack behind, which gave me an unsettling feeling.
    “We need to find a way to help you get your powers quickly” she said and spun the wheel to make a left turn on the road. We drove on a narrow and straight road with nothing but fields and occasional trees around.
    “And how are we supposed to do that?”
    “I know an old witch that might know more about it.”
    “I thought you were supposed to be this great old witch” I said and she smiled. She fiddled with the radio and found a station with rock music. She bobbed her head and tapped the wheel with her hand as we drove on the seemingly never ending road.

We came to a stop in front of a big cave like house in the middle of a forest. She turned off the engine and we got out. She knocked on the door and waited but got no response so she knocked again, harder. We got no response so we walked around the house to the back where we saw a narrow path leading to the forest.
    “What?” I said and stopped to look at Edith. She just looked at me and raised her eyebrow.
    “I thought I heard you say something.”
    “I didn’t say anything” she said and continued walking down the path. I know I heard something or someone, I just don’t know what it was. We came to the end of the path and the beginning of a large opening in the middle of the forest. An old lady was walking around picking up flowers and putting them in the basket she was carrying around. I walked behind Edith as she slowly advanced towards the witch. As we came closer I could feel the power radiate off her. She didn’t look at us as we came to a stop a few steps from her but I knew, I felt she knew we were there.
    “How lovely to finally meet you, Alice” she said and continued picking up flowers, without ever looking at me “and Edith, back so soon?”
    “We need your help Rowena” said Edith. The witch, Rowena, straightened up and looked up at the sky.
    “Why is it that every time I see you, you need something” she said and this time she turned and looked at Edith.
    “It’s important.” Rowena’s eyes drifted from Edith to me and I held my breath as her eyes pierced through me.
    “Very well” she said with a sigh, picked up her basket and walked back to the path. We followed her quietly back to her house. She unlocked the door and walked in, Edith and I followed. I took a step forward to walk through the door but something stopped me. I couldn’t step in, it was like there was a wall there preventing me from entering. Rowena peered at me and Edith watched in shock. I looked from one to the other, confused. Why was Edith able to go in but not me? I tried again but it was still there, the invisible barrier. I took a step back and just stood there, looking confused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment