Saturday 31 August 2013

unknown magic
Chapter X - Revenge [part1]
Written by Tadi

I sat on the train, not really sure where I was going and what I’m going to do when I get there but I needed it. The train pulled to a stop and more people got on. A guy with short messy brown hair, around my age, sat down next to me. I looked out the window but I could feel his eyes on me. I focused on him, trying to see what was going on in his head.
    “Stop trying to read my mind” he said and I turned around to stare at him. He smiled as my eyes met his and I had to look away to concentrate.
    “What are you a fairy or something?”
    “No, I’m just naturally this attractive” he said with a grin.
    “How did you know I tried reading your mind” I said quietly, looking around, making sure no one was watching or listening to our conversation.
    “It’s easy once you know how it feels like.” 
    “What does it feel like?”
    “Are you sure you’re not just human?” He said but quickly continued when I narrowed my eyes at him “it feels like someone trying to break your skull basically, like they’re trying to force their way through a door.” I thought about it for a moment while looking out the window. It was dark outside and rain was pouring. Driving on a train in a foreign country, alone was scary but it was also freeing. It’s like you’re escaping from the horrors of your life and just drifting away, away in to the unknown.
    “What are you” I said without looking at him.
    “Different” was all he said. I felt the pain in his voice and I knew he doesn’t like being what he is. He would much rather be just a normal guy, which is what we all want.
    “How do you block someone out?”
    “Just put up a wall.”
    “A wall?”
    “Yeah. You know, to protect yourself.” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I tried focusing on my mind, listening to anything weird but all that was weird was me doing this. I sighed and took another deep breath. I felt a slight pressure on my head and I focused on it. It was like someone knocking on it, someone was trying to read my mind. I imagined a wall forming around my mind, brick by brick it hid it and after a few seconds the pressure was gone. I smiled and looked at the guy sitting next to me. He was watching my every move.
    “What’s your name?”
    “Zach” he said and offered me his hands.
    “Alice” He didn’t shake my hand, he just held it and watched me. His golden eyes looked straight in to my soul and I had to force myself to look away. I could feel the heat rise to my face and I quickly turned around and stared out the window. It was now dark and I couldn’t see a thing but the drops of rain on the window, slowly sliding down the window and disappearing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment